International Volunteer Specialist
International Medical Relief (IMR) provides acute medical and dental care and health education in an urgent care setting where patients have limited or no access to health care. We work in 74 countries and have served over 450,000 patients in our 20-year tenure.
We are currently recruiting for a new team member to interact directly with our volunteers traveling with our medical teams, as well as manage day-to-day office duties including phone answering, replying to email correspondence, helping with trip preparations for volunteers, assisting management with international host logistics and more.
The ideal candidate will be affable and energetic. We are looking for a strong relationship builder. A college degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred. Our ideal candidate is experienced, committed, action-oriented, efficient, and able to multitask; has a very positive attitude, a high attention to detail, and integrity; has excellent customer service, listening, communication, and organizational skills; and is passionate about service to complement our growing organization.
Daily tasks would include:
- Managing the office by answering incoming telephones and emails from prospective and confirmed volunteers.
- Preparing volunteers traveling internationally for short term humanitarian work through regular communications including texts, emails, calls, and conference calls.
- Assisting volunteers with proper documentation for travel and work abroad.
- Assisting with the organization of outgoing supplies and donations to volunteers prior to departure and retrieval of supplies from returning team members.
- Assisting with both group and team travel, as well as individual customized travel for participants.
This full-time position is open to any qualified applicant within the United States, but it is not a remote position. It is required that you come to work at the IMR offices at 500 E. 8th St., Denver, Colorado and the warehouse in Loveland, Colorado. Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, but hours may include nights and weekends.
- College Degree Required
- 2+ Years of Relevant Experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting pay commensurate with experience, averaging $30,000-50,000/per year.
- Holiday pay is available for 6 days per year (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
- Vacation pay is available for 40 hours per year, available at the hiring anniversary and accrued thereafter.
- Non-paid time off is 14 days per year.
- Health insurance is offered after a 3-month probation period.
This is not a remote position.