International Volunteer Specialist
International Medical Relief (www.internationalmedicalrelief.org) has been providing international travel services for humanitarian volunteers for 18 years. We are currently recruiting for a new team member to interact directly with our volunteers traveling with our IMR as well as manage the day to day office duties including phone answering, replying to email correspondence, trip preparations for volunteers, assisting management with international host logistics and more.
The ideal candidate will be affable and energetic. We are looking for a strong relationship builder. A college degree is required and a master’s degree is preferred. Our ideal candidate is experienced, committed, very positive attitude, action-oriented, efficient, has a high attention to detail, has integrity, has excellent listening, communications and organizational skills, and passionate about service to complement our growing organization.
Daily tasks include:
- Manage the office with incoming telephones and emails from prospective and confirmed volunteers.
- Prepare volunteers traveling internationally for short term humanitarian work through regular communications including texts, emails, calls, and conference calls.
- Assisting volunteers with proper documentation for travel and work abroad.
- Assist with organization of outgoing supplies and donations to volunteers prior to departure and retrieval of supplies for returning team members.
- Assist with both group and team travel as well as individual customized travel for participants.
This full-time position is open to any qualified applicant within the 48 States, Alaska, and Hawaii. It is required that the position takes place at the IMR offices at 1600 Emerson Street, Denver, Colorado, and the warehouse in Loveland, Colorado. Some weekend and evening hours may be necessary.
Strong customer service skills are required along with the ability to multi-task. This position must have flexible work hours that would include nights and weekends.
- College Degree Required
- 2+ Years of Relevant Experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Starting pay commensurate with experience – averaging $30,000-35,000/per year.
- Holiday pay is for 6 days per year (New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
- Vacation pay is 40 hours per year, available at the hiring anniversary, and accrued thereafter.
- Non-paid off 14 days per year. Health insurance offered after 3 month probation period.
- Job Type: Full-time – M-F 9AM to 5PM MST.
This is not a remote position.