Travel Agent Internship
SUMMER – Approximately 20-40 hours per week for 2 months
ONE SEMESTER – Approximately 10-20 hours per week for 13 weeks
International Medical Relief provides acute medical and dental care and health education in an urgent care setting where patients have limited or no access to health care. We work in 50 countries and have served over 250,000 patients in our 18-year tenure. We conduct an average of 90 missions annually which include acute clinics, community health training, and provider training and partnerships as well as some surgical trips. We are among the largest providers of short-term medical missions worldwide.
DURING THIS TRAVEL AGENT INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO…
- Arrange travel for vacation customers
- Determine customers’ needs and preferences, such as schedules and costs
- Plan and arrange tour packages, excursions, and day trips
- Find fare and schedule information
- Calculate total travel costs
- Book reservations for travel, hotels, rental cars, and special events, such as tours and excursions
- Tell clients about what their trip will be like, including giving details on required documents, such as passports or visas
- Give advice about local weather conditions, customs, and attractions
- Make alternative booking arrangements if changes arise before or during the trip
- Upon successful completion of the internship, interns may be invited to work as a junior travel agent
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills
- Experience with airline reservation systems and/or travel school preferred
- Ability to enter data on an automated computer system with speed and accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work within the posted hours
- A passion for learning and growing
- University student or graduated
- Correlation between your studies and/or work experience and the placement you are requesting
- Work on increasingly challenging and engaging real-world projects
- Gain hands-on experience in the travel industry
- Collaborate with experienced travel professionals
- Work closely with a mentor who has over 20 years of experience in the field
- Flexible schedule for students
This semester-long internship position is open to any qualified applicant in the United States. The student will have the option to work from our office in Denver, or remotely and must complete assigned tasks with hard deadlines.
Must be enrolled full-time in high school, college, or technical school OR within six months post-graduation.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to reviewing your application. To apply, complete the form below. If you have any questions during the application process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at (970) 635-0110.