Global Volunteer Coordinator
International Medical Relief (IMR) provides acute medical and dental care and health education in an urgent care setting where patients have limited or no access to health care. We work in 70+ countries and have served over 450,000 patients in our 20-year tenure.
We are currently recruiting for new team members to interact directly with our volunteers traveling with IMR as well as manage the day-to-day office duties including phone answering, replying to email correspondence, trip preparations for volunteers, assisting management with international host logistics and more.
The ideal candidate will be affable and energetic. We are looking for a strong relationship builder. A college degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred. Our ideal candidate is experienced, committed, action-oriented, efficient, and able to multitask; has a very positive attitude, a high attention to detail, and integrity; has excellent customer service, listening, communication, and organizational skills; and is passionate about service to complement our growing organization.
Daily tasks would include:
- Managing the office with incoming telephone calls and emails from prospective and confirmed volunteers as well as online engagement systems.
- Preparing volunteers traveling internationally for short-term humanitarian work through regular communications including texts, emails, calls, and conference calls.
- Assisting volunteers with proper documentation for travel and work abroad.
- Assisting with organization of outgoing supplies and donations to volunteers prior to departure and retrieval of supplies for returning team members.
- Orienting and onboarding volunteer participants to clinic processes during preparation, fieldwork, and reintegration.
- Participating in reporting of measurable key indicators and mission reports for each deployment.
This full-time position is open to any qualified applicant within the United States, but it is not a remote position. It is required that you come to work at the IMR offices at 1600 Emerson St., Denver, Colorado and at the warehouse in Loveland, Colorado. Some weekend and evening hours may be necessary.
Strong customer service skills are required along with the ability to multi-task. This position must have flexible work hours that would include nights and weekends.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- 2+ years of work experience with demonstrated success focused on volunteer recruitment and coordination.
- Previous work experience with public health, volunteers or nonprofits is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant fields.
- Passion for international humanitarian relief.
- Demonstrated excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under time constraints.
- Strong work ethic, results-oriented, and deadline-driven.
- Team player, ability to motivate a team to engage in their trip preparations.
- Technically proficient in SalesForce, Olark, Zoom, and G-Suite preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with diverse populations and the ability to build and maintain strong and healthy relationships.
- Adaptable and flexible to job needs.
- Experience working with international service and development projects preferred.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting pay commensurate with experience, averaging $40,000 to $60,000 per year.
- Holiday pay is for 9 days per year (New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
- Vacation pay is 40 hours per year, available at the hiring anniversary and accrued thereafter.
- Non-paid time off is 2 weeks per year.
- Health insurance offered after 3-month probation period.
- Job Type: Full-time, M-F 8AM to 5PM MST with an hour lunch.
- This is not a remote position.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
Experience: Microsoft Word: 1 year (preferred)
License/Certification: Driver’s license (preferred)
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.